Victim Impact Panel
The Victim Impact Panel is a program that serves the entire community by providing a monthly forum on the painful consequences of drunk driving from people whose lives have been forever changed by a drunk driver. This program is aimed at reducing recidivism among people convicted of Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and Driving While Ability Impaired (DWAI). Defendants are referred to VIP as part of their sentence by judges and probation officers. It is held once a month for those who are convicted of a drinking and driving offense. The Victim Impact Panel is comprised of people whose lives have been forever changed by a drunk driver. Panel speakers have lost loves ones or been injured themselves as a result of someone’s choice to drink and drive. Their compelling stories never fail to impact the audience of DWI offenders. While the VIP program is coordinated by Council Staff, all the speakers and registrars, are volunteers. We are currently seeking additional volunteers. If you would like to participate, please contact (845) 765-8301 x110
If you are attending the program, please read the following information carefully.
- Program is held at 807 Route 52, Fishkill, NY 12524
- Arrive 30 minutes prior for registration.
- $50.00 registration fee is due at program registration–Cash or Money Order ONLY. You will not be admitted without paying the fee.
- Participant will be tested for alcohol or other drug use. Persons testing positive for alcohol and/or drug use will be denied admittance. Person forfeits registration fee if test is positive.
- Disruptive behavior is not admitted. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the program if this policy is not adhered to.
- The court will be notified of any failure to attend or complete program.
IF YOU NEED TO RESCHEDULE, YOU MUST CONTACT THE ISSUING COURT DIRECTLY. ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE VIP PROGRAM SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO (845) 765-8301 X100.